A summary of the required modifications, follows:
- All surface detail was sanded off and a few panel lines were scribed in, particularily those showing the separation
of the metal and fabric-covered surfaces.
- The landing gear was replaced by stick-like 'unfaired' landing gear. The actual landing gear comprises a length of
solid Contrail styrene rod, anchored to the bottom of the upper wing. The oleo setion of the gear, was cut from the
kit landing gear and secured to the plastic rod.
- The missing 'flap hinges' were also added.
- The landing light was relocated to the port wing with a MV Product, light lens, representing the retractable landing light
- In the cockpit, the kit's "L" seats were replaced by True Details USN-style bucket seats. Even while not technically
correct, they approximated the style of seat and certainly looked better than the original parts. Something passing
for instrument panels and "joy" sticks, were also put into the bare cockpit.
- Kit cowling scoops were dug out, with additional cowling and fuslelage scoops added and filled in kit's exhaust
and created the stub-like exhaust, emerging from the underside of the cowling.
Model by Scott Hemsley
Photos by Brian MacNamara.
Go to 1/72 main gallery