1/72 Airfix Lancaster Mk.II, 408 (Goose) Sqn., RCAF
See for another view.
Model by Scott Hemsley
- Based on the Airfix Lancaster Mk.I/III kit, The "Aeroclub" Lancaster Mk.II
conversion set, was used. This set consists of the buldged bombay doors
vac-formed cowlings, white metal engine fronts/cowl rings, props & spinners.
- Other than that, it was done out-of-box, except modifying the kit
bombadier blister to the earlier, smaller version.
- Decals are from assorted "Modeldecal" WW2 RAF sheets.
- Nose art is hand painted.
- The squadron heraldic crest is from an ESCI sheet featuring RAF Heraldic
sqn crests. It was a simple matter to modifiy the decal to depict 408 Sqn.
- Paints are "Gunze".