1/72 Astra Models, Avro Arrow
IMHO, this vac-form is the only true 1/72 model of the Avro Arrow. Once cut
from the backing sheet, the kit builds better than some injection kits.
Model by Scott Hemsley
- All that was added to the kit, was an ejection seat and instrument panel
(both from the spare's box).
- The pitot boom was courtesy of the original issue Hasegawa 1/72 F-18,
which depicted the prototype.
- Only the instrument package/vanes on the tip of the boom, need be altered.
- Decals were a "Arrow Graphics" sheet, but in this case, included with
- The model depicts a/c #203, in early hi-viz day-glo markings on rudder
and wigtips (honestly it is a day-glo red and not the dull red as depicted in
- "Testor's Modelmaster" Floresent Red was used for the day-glo area.
This aircraft, was the only Arrow to sport the Canadian flag, then the
"Red Ensign". It appears on the fin, above the fin flash.
- Additional wing walks (outer wing panels and trailing sections) are black
decal stripe, applied according to photos.