1/48 Douglas TA-4J Skyhawk, Israeli Air Force; unidentified unit, circa
See for another view.
- The conversion was done by using the Monogram A-4E/F (everything aft of
the rear cockpit) and the Monogram OA-4M (everything forward of that
- The fairing behind the cockpit was vac formed over a carved wood master.
- Wing root guns were deleted, OA-4M nose reshaped and the jet pipe
extended a scale 2 1/2 feet (measure against heat-seeking missles).
- An Isreali-style brake chute housing was added under the tail.
- Also, the dive brakes were partially opened.
- The paint was mixed Gunze acrylics and decals taken from various
sheets, mostly Microscale, to match photos.
Model by Dave Askett