1/48 Hawker Tempest II, No.5 Sqn., RAF; Yelahanka, India, 1946
See for another view.
A conversion from the Monogram Typhoon, with a scratchbuilt forward fuselage
(from a point just forward of the windscreen) to just behind the cowl.
- The cowl, itself, was taken from the Hobbycraft Sea Fury.
- Vertical tail surfaces were enlarged and recontoured, as was the
horizontal tail surfaces.
- The Spinner is also from the Sea Fury, but with a 4-blade prop replacing
the Sea Fury's 5-blade prop.
- The outer wing panels are courtesy of the Sea Fury, but the inner wing
panels are scratchbuilt.
- The landing gear is based upon the Sea Fury parts.
Model by Dave Askett