Here's a quick overview of what was on the agenda:
European hedgehog researchers assembled for the first time for a scientific workshop. The main purpose was to establish contacts, ease cooperation and standardize methods of data collection, analysis and interpretation to ease comparisons across the boarders.
The program of the workshop included:
- Home range, movements and habitat analysis
- Dietary analysis
- Activity analysis
- Geographic variation in litter size and litter numbers between the nations
- Morphological variations between the nations
- Analysis of density and distribution
- Conservation and management
- Cooperation in future works; the west helps the east?
The participants were asked to bring posters and to present their work. Abstracts from the posters and from the work shop were to be published in an international journal.
Responsible institution: Dept. of Zoology, University of Trondheim, Norway